There are many cases where analysis of time periods (e.g. time required for tasks to finish) is of high value. For instance, an analysis of
- the number of days between when an issue was submitted to a system and when the issue was marked resolved
- the number of days between when someone is contacted and when their reply is received
Count Number of Days workflow provides you with access to date processing tools where you can easily calculate the number of days between two date fields in your dataset.
NOTE: Your dataset must include at least two date fields. You can check the existing date fields when monitoring a dataset under schema as shown in the image below. Read about how date values must be formatted on how to better prepare my data
Once you have uploaded your data,
- Select your dataset and click on Count number of days under workflows
- Follow the setup steps as explained below:
- Select the field specifying the beginning of a time period
- Select the field specifying the end of a time period
- Enter a name for the new field which will be added to your dataset to store the results
- Once done with the setup execute the workflow
After the workflow is finalized, you can see the new field is added to your original dataset showing the number of days between the two date fields for each entry.
Note: If there is no date value for a document or the specified beginning date value is after the end date, nothing will be added under the new result field.
Updated about 2 months ago